~EnV~Namemysongforme ~EnV~Namemysongforme

I suggest "Pack Animal, " referring to the masses of people jumpin to this song at raves. :D Very nice sound, hope you finish it soon. ^_^

Awakened from Cryosleep Awakened from Cryosleep

I feel like video game music in general has a sense of nostalgia to it, maybe it's just my generation having grown up during the boom of consoles and handhelds. But your songs always seem to have a deeper emotion being brought out. I honestly wasn't too impressed with the dubstep section, I feel like to really rip it away from the rest of the song it needed a really gruff bass synth, and some more creative wobbles than that one mid-range one that sounded a bit like "yi-yi-yi". I think you know what I mean. Once it break out of the dubstep section it's 5 stars again. I hope you keep working on this and find a way to make the dubstep part really slammin.

Sky Tram City Sky Tram City

Interesting sound. It definitely makes it sound futuristic. As far as I can tell everything seems EQ'd in the right places, and the melodies are catchy, the progression throughout the song keeps it fresh. Since you've written it as a video game song I would suggest making it loopable, but that's my only thought on it. Very nice work.

A glare goodbye A glare goodbye

Nice melody, and the synths work pretty well together. What you need to start looking into is equalization and mastering. There are a lot of different things to learn about all that, but EQ'ing is one of the first things you should learn. There are lots of different techniques, but a good one I like to use is called Subtractive EQing, which is where you reduce the frequencies on a track that don't add to the overall mix. Like on the higher melodies, you would want to reduce the low frequencies, and on the basslines you would reduce the highs. That opens up for space on the wavelength for everything to blend together.

Before I turn this into an essay, lol, this song is catchy. It'd be nice to see you keep working at it.

Merpy responds:

Thank you ill check that EQ and mastering stuff

[Dj-U] Lost In Time [Dj-U] Lost In Time

This song is super chill. dat piano man. dat piano. It's so clear and simple above all the other synths going on. Maybe not so good when it's by itself at around 2:10, cuz then it sounds a bit too simple. Try to keep it paired with pads like around 2:20. It's just that by itself it has no atmosphere, it's too raw, maybe a touch of reverb would help. Besides that it's a catchy tune, and I'm always looking for excuses to try being a vocalist, so maybe we could collab on some lyrics? :D

Dj-UnKnOwN responds:

Hey man thanks for the review! Sorry i haven't responded to this comment, i actually thought i did :P!

Anyway, yeah I've had a few people tell me that the piano sounds a bit too 'dry' by itself so i'm definitely considering doing back and giving it a little room.
I'll pm you about working together ;)

Pjanoo (viewtifulday RMX) Pjanoo (viewtifulday RMX)

Fun song, pretty catchy in the beginning but honestly, it gets boring easily with that repeating lead melody. It needs a break or a second melody to accompany it. You said this was originally by Mr. Eric Prydz, so maybe there's not a lot you wanted to change from the original, obviously I don't know, but it just needs something else to keep it interesting. Other than that the EQing and all the technical bits sound fine. Like I said, it's catchy, it just needs to stay fresh as it progresses.

viewtifulday responds:

Thanks for the review. I agree, it could have used a second melody

V|V - Goodbye V|V - Goodbye

I get the whole minimalistic feel, and it is very groovy, but that build that starts around 2:05, the synth that's slowly rising in pitch doesn't seem as dramatic as it could be. I would suggest having more effects build along with it as it pitch shifts, maybe more reverb and delay or a low pass filter to make it sound like it's getting more and more distant, then drops straight back in. Other than that it's a very nice dance song, the bass and kick are smooth and groovy. nice work.

Norato - Shut the F*ck up Norato - Shut the F*ck up

"Drink a lot of milk? More like smoke a lot of weed! :D"

XD I was gunna dock a point for the abrupt ending but that comment saved it.

...really though you should make this longer n shit. It's the tits.

Zinity - Evolution Zinity - Evolution

Dat bass. I'm going to download this and test it out in my car's system with my subs, I'll PM you a proper review after that. :D

djzinity responds:

Awesome! ;-)

Lazy Springs Lazy Springs

Nice and chill, it does sound like an old school game. You seem to have a good feel for melody and chord progression, just keep experimenting and exploring with FL studio and you'll be writing sick track in no time. :D

Merpy responds: